Requisition ID: 248591
Requisition Posting End Date:
Job Title: Company Secretary and Compliance professional
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 170 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver. At Bechtel, we embrace gender diversity across all roles and provide equal opportunity to our colleagues.
Independently handles company secretarial work for wholly foreign owned organizations in India. Performs as the focal point for compliances under labour laws, laws relating to business (engineering services, NOC and data centres, etc.), and other laws relating to office administration for the offices in New Delhi, Gurugram and Vadodara. Drafts internal policy approval requests & letters and liaising with stakeholders for approval. Assists Legal counsel in reviewing bid documents, contracts etc. as may be required. Advises Procurement department on Contracts/PO wordings.
This role requires close collaboration with Office Services department, Human Resources, Finance &Compliance teams and Legal.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives overall direction from and reports to the –India Legal Counsel. Receives minimal guidance.
- Maintains contact with India management, Finance, Legal, External Advisors CSO and HR regarding corporate and legal compliance in India.
- Drafts & circulates internal policy approval requests, provides information for corporate and finance filings, & liaises with stakeholders.
- Keeps track of changes in law and advises, in consultation with India Legal Counsel, India Management on implication & actions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
The duties will, generally, include the following:
- Providing insight to Board of Directors about the day-to-day management of the organizations, including providing advice on compliance with Legal and Statutory requirements, corporate governance matters, company policy, guidelines and procedures relating to Company Secretarial operations
- Maintaining the statutory registers, maintaining minutes books and paperbook and checklists for shareholders and board meetings and ensuring the Company meets all requirements under corporate secretarial compliances.
- Ensuring that statutory forms are filled promptly, timely implementing Company’s procedural/administrative systems including provision of close out information to relevant stakeholders and core team.
- Providing Members and Auditors with notice of meetings, preparing paperwork for proxy attendance and also regarding change in directors and shareholding where applicable.
- Providing support to Company’s committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors, Corporate Social Responsibility Committee, etc.
- Filing with the relevant authorities (such as the Registrar) copies of resolutions, instruments and other filings to be undertaken by Company in the corporate secretarial and also under other compliances (such as under Companies Act, Contract Labour Act, Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, Employment Exchanges Act, or the relevant Shops & Establishment Act among other labour laws)
- Providing a copy of the accounts to every member at the Company’s meetings (Director’s and/or General meetings).
- Collating information for inspection and providing access to authorized persons in the Company, the Company records including, on request, retaining custody and use of the Company stamp and/or seal (if required)
- Convening and servicing Board meetings, Annual General Meetings or any other meetings of members /Board. (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions, etc.).
- To ensure that meetings such as the Board meeting, AGM comply with the organisation’s policy, governance documents and its procedures (e.g. voting)
- Writing Reports: To ensure that publications such as Annual Reports, Directors Reports and Accounts and their dissemination, comply with the organisation’s governing document and statutory requirements including engaging with relevant stakeholders to drive performance of relevant team in order to achieve a fully compliant filing.
- Keeping a Register of shareholders and liaising with them on behalf of the Company.
- Maintaining current awareness and providing the Board, Legal and Compliance Team updates on Company Law and areas of Statutory Compliance, Corporate Laws, Corporate Governance and Securities Law.
- Engaging with consultants & Auditors (where required) and driving performance to achieve compliance with the above objectives.
- Creating a transparent and clear communication between Indian stakeholders and overseas CSO operations by collaborative and proactive communication and being focused on relationship building between stakeholders.
- Contributes to a wide range of additional matters as needed in respect of Corporate CSO operations including providing transactional support on intra-corporate or other acquisition transactions, provides information to the Legal or CSO teams for legal and compliance actions, drafts and advises on internal corporate rules, advises director in respect of their legal responsibilities and indemnities, deals with historical queries on shareholdings and directorships.
- Qualified Company Secretary by education and must have provided corporate law advisory services.
- Knowledge of and experience as a company secretary and legal compliance (5-7 years) at a multinational company office in India or an established law firm in India. Candidates having an added LL.B. degree will be preferred.
- Knowledge of corporate governance standards and practices for Multinational foreign held companies in India
- Knowledge of labour law, business and other office related regulations & their compliance.
- Knowledge of applicable industry, legislative and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of technology, including hardware and software applications for corporate secretarial services functions as listed above.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and engage/negotiate with contractors, internal/external customers and Stakeholders .
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of management.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.