Job Title: Packaging Technician I – 2nd Shift
Division / Company: Manufacturing / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Cosmetics Plant is a high-volume plant that provides the opportunity to learn, develop, and grow into multiple skill sets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available in the versatile flow-to-work environment. As a Packaging Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion.
The Cosmetics department is a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) facility that produces products that fall under the definition of a drug which subjects us to standards that meet the requirement of the United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and other equivalent agencies around the globe. This position will work on a standard 2nd shift schedule, 3:00 pm through 11:00 pm Monday through Friday.
How you would contribute to the role:
This proactive culture provides you the opportunity to learn all functional areas within the Cosmetics Plant. You will learn and develop in a packaging environment: filling bottles, jars, tubes, connecting product delivery systems and interacting with the Warehouse Operations. As you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will provide peer feedback to team members.
Amway Manufacturing operates in a OneTeam Structure with a skill development system to help you succeed. To get a look into our operations and how you can grow your career, please CLICK HERE.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Strong attention to detail/safety with high level of accuracy, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative with strong communication skills and team-focus
- Accountability for trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, develop and enhance processes with willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing or working in a warehouse environment, machine troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment is a plus
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- High School diploma