At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Milan
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Packaging Analyst – 81617
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
As a Packaging Analyst for the John Deere Worldwide Parts Distribution Center, you will experience a blend of on-the-floor operations support and project work. Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage continuous improvement projects optimizing cost and quality in the packaging operation, the distribution network, and dealer experience
- Act as the interface between the packaging organization, the North American-Parts Distribution Center (NA-PDC) Operations team, dealers, and parts suppliers
- Support development of new packaging, packaging designs, materials, and processes
- Provide on-the-floor support in the form of methods engineering, based on corporate guidelines, on the initial receipt of all service parts, to determine how parts should be packaged
- Collaborate with third party service provider(s) salary and wage teams to improve operational efficiencies and ensure work quality
- Identify, justify, and execute improvements focused on driving cost reductions
- Analyze, summarize, and prepare communications to present information to management to control costs and maintain supplier relationships. This will include project status updates and results, communicated to Deere leadership and project stakeholders
- Work with Operations, Engineering, dealers, and natural work groups to increase warehouse density, efficiency, quality, and safety
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years’ experience in Mechanical, Industrial or Packaging Engineering
- Experience executing Lean Manufacturing and/or materials testing
- Operations experience in a warehouse, parts distribution, or manufacturing environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience such as pivot tables and complex formulas
- Entry level skills with Microsoft Access, SAS, VBA, Python, or SQL experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Packaging operations/engineering experience including package design, and material testing
- Effective communication skills with the ability to engage with third party service providers, suppliers, dealers, and internal business partners
- Project management, Six Sigma and/or structured continuous improvement experience
- Experience in parts distribution related to or working with a warehouse management system
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.