Work Schedule/Days: Day / Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Medical Office Building
Requisition #: 78027
States the responsibilities he/she will be expected to perform and against which he/she will be evaluated. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High school graduate and graduate of an accredited orthodontic assistant training program or related experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Familiarity with standard pediatric orthodontic procedures and techniques
- Coordinates care of the pediatric orthodontic patient.
- Assists the pediatric dentist and orthodontist according to the rules of the Georgia Board of Dentistry Chapter 150-0.
- Maintains dental/orthodontic equipment and instruments.
- Keeps operatories, lab, and dark room neat and clean in accordance with infection control guidelines.
- Maintains records of sterilization for dental autoclave.
- Maintains logs of equipment maintenance.
- Maintains inventories of dental/orthodontic supplies.
- Maintains emergency supplies log as scheduled on rotational basis.
- Assists hygienists in routine maintenance of x-ray processor if needed.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 5461 Meridian Mark, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Clinical/Nursing Support – Clinical Support