Job Title: Organization and Team Development Business Partner
Req ID: 45186
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); Hampton Roads (VA); Los Angeles (CA); Los Angeles West (CA); New York (NY); San Antonio (TX)
Relocation benefits offered: N/A
Travel required: Yes
Hiring Manager: Claudio Calcagni
Recruiter: Noelle Clark
“I can take an active role in my career advancement.”
You’ve had ongoing conversations with your manager and you’re ready for the next step in your career. Collectively, we’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization because we know that what makes us different makes us better. Part of this commitment is to empower you to build a successful and prosperous career by focusing on internal opportunities and development.
“I can succeed as a Team Development Business Partner at Capital Group.”
Capital’s Talent Development team is a highly skilled and experienced group of Human Resources professionals who share a common goal: to strengthen our organization by engaging and developing all of Capital Group’s associates and leaders. We do that through an integrated set of talent development solutions and programs which allow associates to grow in and expand beyond their role, pursue their individual passions, develop critical leadership capabilities and ultimately realize their potential.
As a Talent Development Business Partner, you will be a key member of our Talent Development team. You will provide expertise to the Talent Development team, business groups and Human Resources partners for the full scope of Talent Development functions that empower associates, elevate leadership capabilities and optimize teams.
Role summary: As a Team Development Business Partner, you will be a key member of our Talent Development team reporting to the Organizational Effectiveness Senior Manager. You will provide expertise to the Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team, Human Resources partners and business groups ultimately elevating leadership capabilities and optimizing teams by delivering Team Effectiveness solutions. As Capital Group (CG) is currently building out its Team Effectiveness practice, you will be responsible for working with Talent Development leadership to build out the practice (methodology, tools, assessments) and the engagement model for how to deliver Team Effectiveness services.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Together with Talent Development leadership, develops the Team Effectiveness practice methodology including frameworks, resources, and tools to support team development and guide managers and associates in addressing team effectiveness goals.
- Together with Talent Development leadership, develops the Team Effectiveness engagement and delivery model within HR, Enterprise Change Office and across CG.
- Owns the day-to-day execution of the Team Effectiveness portfolio including partnering with other OE team members, HR Business Partners, Enterprise Change Office, and business leaders to develop leadership capabilities and optimize team effectiveness. Day-to-day activities may include but are not limited to team interventions, team building, facilitation, training, leadership coaching,
- Works with senior leaders, HR partners, and stakeholders across CG to gather input and continuously evolve Team Effectiveness methodology and services including identifying and evaluating key metrics and goals
- Consults with stakeholders, leaders and managers on team development challenges and opportunities, and develops solutions that drive business priorities.
- Partners with other business groups to ensure successful execution of team effectiveness services and ensures they meet business requirements.
- Assesses, designs, and facilitates a wide range of team development workshops and trainings to improve team effectiveness.
- Build HR Business Partners’ skills and capabilities to design and execute Team Effectiveness interventions
- Measure short- and long-term impacts and results of Team Effectiveness interventions.
- Remains current with team development techniques, external practices, and research trends as well as reviews applicability of best practices to CG.
- Builds and maintains stakeholder relationships across the company.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- 8-12 years of experience in Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Development, broad HR experience will be beneficial.
- Track record of designing and delivering team development services to an organization.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of team development. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future external policies, practices, technologies, trends, and information affecting the team development in organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects within and across multiple groups.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of a broad business area to achieve results consistent with broad business objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate and coach with an aptitude to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.