You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Canteen? Imagine having a career that can take you places. Join our industry-leading team and there’s no telling how far you can grow with us. We provide healthy vending options through innovative design and quality products. We’re proud of our team and what we have accomplished over the years. Let’s continue moving forward, together.
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Schedule: 6am-2:30pm or PT 6am-10:30am
Wage: $ 16.65/hr
Location: 1010 Hargrieve Rd, London, Ontario
Important Information: Order picker/packer experience required. Full time candidate would be cross trained as a driver. Driver rate of $18/hr applied whenever needed. G license required.
- Picks and prepares customer orders in an accurate, efficient and productive manner and assembles the order into totes.
- Responsible for ensuring that all totes are properly identified with the correct route and location.
- Loads outbound trucks with picked product in an accurate and efficient manner ensuring that the load is stable and secure.
- Shuts delivery vehicles as required to perform loading tasks.
- Receives returned inventory and putts it back into stock based on best before dates.
- Performs inventory counts of the warehouse.
- Observes, reports and corrects (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Performs all related requests, tasks and processes as required from operations supervisor/manager.
- Complies with Section 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Ability to work any shift including weekends.
- Ability to read and perform basic math functions.
- Considerable knowledge of warehouse location layout.
- Working knowledge of all safety rules and safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of inbound/outbound process.
- Considerable skill in efficiently lifting, stacking and building quality pallets.
- Skill in operating warehouse equipment: i.e.; motorized Pallet Jack, Hi-lift, etc..
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 40-50lbs frequently and 60lbs occasionally.
- Skill in meeting production standards.
- Skill in communicating effectively with supervisors and department managers.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience: 1-3 years warehouse or equivalent preferred.
- Class “G” Driver’s License
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.