Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Hours: 7:00am – 7:00pm
3 days on, 2 days off, 2days on (rotating basis) Every other weekend
About the role:
Main function is the safe operation of processing equipment in accordance with operating regulations and procedures in order to assure proper care of customer product. Involved in the placement and retrieval of biological sampling devices to monitor appropriate processing levels. Will assist in the direction and support of Material handler activities.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and consistently adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Support departmental goals in order to achieve effective core 5 metric performance.
- Will require the ability to review and adhere to production schedule, adjust as necessary based upon schedule changes and equipment availability.
- Will require the ability to operate sterilization equipment.
- Protects product by assuring proper processing and handling according to operating procedures; monitors process cycles and control systems to ensure operation within quality, regulatory and company specifications.
- Minimizes downtime by monitoring processing operation and associated equipment as scheduled; conducts minor equipment repairs and refers major repairs to shift supervisor or maintenance personnel.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by monitoring environmental control systems and inspecting equipment for unsafe conditions and reporting to supervisor as required; generates maintenance work orders for repairs; responds to process and equipment alarm conditions and acting within operational and safety guidelines; conducts assigned housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by maintaining and reviewing product documentation; places and retrieves product monitoring devices per processing specification.
- Assists in maintaining product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling, and storing product within the Shipping and Receiving area.
- Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
- Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
What we’re looking for in you:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Required to work 12 hour work days and weekends on a rotating schedule
- Ability to read/write English to complete paperwork and interpret procedures; good verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong leadership and computer skills
- Preferred Qualification
- Forklift Experience preferred
Requisition ID: 509564
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.