Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with the experience of working in a blue-chip US multinational technology company, based in our Basingstoke or Crewe offices.
You will be part of a sub team of 3, within a larger team of 9. The core hours of work are Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30, working 40 hours per week, with the option to finish at lunchtime on Fridays, known as “Flex4Fridays”.
Responsible for providing customer facing support for issues disrupting their use of Lumen services, as well as surveillance of network and customer services across multiple technologies. The role is expected to ensure prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly when they do occur. Role will be included assisting with product and technology development opportunities.
Role will be involved in the training and onboarding of new staff and is expected to ensure prevention of issues from occurring and resolving issues quickly when they occur.
The Main Responsibilities
- Being the customer’s technical advocate, striving to provide a positive customer experience irrespective of expertise, history or workload.
- Collaborating within team and across teams (specifically Service Desk, Tier III, ETOPS and eTSC) without preconception or assumption, striving only to serve the customer and their team.
- Managing workload and collaborating with peers on opportunity to assist
- Training and assisting wider NOC staff on new scenarios and situations.
- Assist in onboarding and shadowing new team members in wider NOC and PS.
- Seeking opportunity to improve the customer experience and reduce customer effort both on a case by case and wider perspective.
- Supporting development and launch of new products and technologies, becoming a Subject Matter Expert where applicable.
- Proactively seeking opportunity to promptly resolve complex issues.
- Acting as a technical focal point and conduit to Tier III support for the most complex issues
- Continual personal development – technicians are responsible for ensuring their skillsets are updated and adapted in line with technological and industry trends.
- Expected to develop a specialist knowledge in a small number of key subject areas, and a broad capability for the key products and services.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Requisition #: 236915
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
● Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
● Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
● Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
● Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).