Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems installation and/or maintenance activities. Fast-pased heavy-workload enviornment.
The Main Responsibilities
- Monitors and maintains the Lumen Transport Network.
- Opens trouble tickets and works the repair of network equipment and facilities with field operations, Tier 3 support and off-net providers.
- Knows equipment specific maintenance procedures and can assist field ops in card swaps and equipment restoral.
- Takes the lead in driving equipment and facility repair.
- Knows transport network topology and can make final go/no-go decisions on maintenance activities based on current network status.
- Analyzes network events and identifies critical issues, setting appropriate priorities to maintain network reliability.
- Able to follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively.
- Has thorough understanding of transport networks and Lumen repair procedures.
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a Network Operations Center and is available to work all hours in a 24×7 environment.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Associate degree or equivalent education and relevant experience Minimum 5+ yrs related experience in specific area or equivalent May require technical certification.
- Team player with high self-initiative and excellent communication skills.
- Expert in SONET, SDH and DWDM equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience with fiber optics.
- Lumen systems to include, tickets, phones and all tools used in the Transport Network area of responsibility
- Experience with Ciena, Infinera, Fuji, Cisco, Nortel, ALU, Coriant, Huawei – to name a few.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 251441
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.