Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This position will focus on support and maintenance of Aruba and Cisco wireless networks for Lumen’s Managed Enterprise Services(MES).
The Main Responsibilities
• Provide routing, switching, and wireless support to Lumen contracted customer base. Includes break/fix support, infrastructure design, installation and life-cycle maintenance for new and current installations.
• Provide primary engineering design and configuration for complex data systems to meet with customer’s goals and requirements
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system designs.
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to existing network support portfolio.
• Maintains technical knowledge base regarding complex routing & Switching design and configuration of installed equipment.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of routing, switching, and wireless technologies related to trouble shooting efforts.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex routing, switching, and wireless issues.
• Provides high-level off-hours (on-call) support on a rotating basis with other on-site engineering staff.
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs.
• Develops & documents process flows.
• Monitor and analyze performance across customer’s data network and underlying LANs, WANs, and wireless deployments.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for communications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of communications systems.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to communication equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
• Create and maintain methods of procedure, required network documentation and reports as needed.
• Act as liaison between the customer and other network vendors (e.g. Cisco & Aruba) on high-level or escalated support issues.
• Provide direct interface with other Lumen departments in support of the customer’s network issues and projects.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 1 – 3 years wireless experience
• 1 – 3 years routing and switching experience
• Cisco CCNA Wireless Certification
• CMNO Certification
• Aruba ACMA Certification
• Layer 2 & 3 switch, router, firewalls, configuration and management experience.
• System configuration and management, including routers, switches, and related hardware.
• Programming and management isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding fiber optic characteristics.
• Isolation of network outage causes and service restorations including understanding characteristics.
• Demonstrate direct customer interaction through exceptional communication skills, both written & orally.
• Proficient PC skills in MS office applications and network connectivity configuration methods.
• Proficient with presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Excellent attitude and work ethic.
• Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work collaboratively with a large technical support team is a must!
• Must be available 24/7 for network outages and maintenance window work in on-call rotational basis.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 248891
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.