Requisition ID: 242443
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/29/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business promoted though private health cover and access to a leading employee assistance program. Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives.
This role provides management and technical oversight of activities relating in planning, development and delivery of the O&M deliverables. The work will require coordination as part of an integrated team, and subsequent design and delivery contractors for O&M plans, technical documentation, maintenance manuals plus responsible for the review of training & operating manuals submitted as a direct input to the above.
- Support the establishment and management of an O&M Strategy, O&M Plans and support processes which may include:
- Lead the development of the railway Operational Concept
- Maintenance and Work Order Workflows
- Safety and Environmental Management processes working with the HSQE Manager
- Maintenance Staffing Plans (including job profiles)
- Training Plans
- Provision of maintenance support
- Provide advice on current world’s best practice for civil and rail infrastructure O&M
- Review existing designs from an O&M perspective
- Define the maintenance roles and responsibilities for O&M
- Ensure consistency and standardisation of approach across the project
- Support for Testing & Commissioning planning
- Support the capture of fault finding/rectification data during installation and Test/Commissioning phase.
- Assist in the process to quantify the expected performance of the railway in terms of RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) targets.
- Ensure System and Operational safety requirements (contract & derived) are adequately developed, captured and addressed.
- Provide O&M expertise to achieve set deliverables, ensuring coordination with functional teams (both internal & external) to cover O&M task interfaces to support delivery of the O&M Plan and associated deliverables.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of the system, subsystem and component level O&M technical documentation including; maintenance manuals, troubleshooting guides, corrective & preventive action procedures, special tools user manuals, storage & handling manuals, illustrated parts catalogues and spares holding;
- Develop O&M rules, policies & procedures for the operational phase of the project.
- Manage and review engineering deliverables procedures.
- Review O&M Testing & Commissioning (T&C) documents.
- Attend O&M T&C tests and meetings.
- Proactively manage actions to optimise O&M tests processes.
- Review applicable O&M Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs).
- Ensure that robust O&M is undertaken and identify any risks in the design of the operational railway.
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust among others. These values help define our culture and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military, or veteran, marital or disability status.
Candidates will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate a strong safety focus and value the development and maintenance of client relationships. Sound communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment are essential.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with global opportunities, then this could be the role for you.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.