Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Global Business Services
The Global Business Services (GBS) team is a function established within Boston Scientific, designed to improve the efficiency of key business processes by taking opportunities to drive standardization, leverage resources, knowledge and skills and monitor the effectiveness of service delivery against benchmarks and service level agreements. Our team has a great diversity of personalities with an international background and functional expertise.
The vision of GBS at Boston Scientific is to be recognized as a world-class Center of Operational Excellence driven by the desire for excellence in its people, processes, execution and business partnerships. GBS is designed to deliver significant business benefits to employees and customers of Boston Scientific and is championing the development of a continues improvement culture. We are developing a performance-based culture supported by tools, training and well-defined accountability, where people can build their career or prepare for a role in the wider business or elsewhere within GBS.
About the role
This role operates within the company’s Global Business Services organization to provide high quality accountancy expertise and services to various client businesses within Boston Scientific Corporation. Oversees the performance of complex duties such as analyzing accounts, preparing reports, performing the monthly financial close and consolidation for multiple entities. Measures performance against key performance indicators and metrics, and continually identifies ways to improve and streamline processes. This role is based in The Netherlands and leads the Operations Accounting team which supports the Operations Network within EMEA, and several key processes for the EMEA region.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of experienced accountants; collaborating in creating the highest efficiency in all processes with the highest level of quality and supporting each individual’s ambitions and development. Our authentic team is our top priority.
- Oversees the month-end close process and acts as liaison with supported sites and regional stakeholders.
- Assures financial accuracy by preparing business unit and consolidated income statements and balance sheets and other accounting statements and reports. Supports EMEA & Ops legal entity closings
- Establishes and communicates accounting processes by maintaining a good understanding of GAAP and new accounting guidance as appropriate.
- Strong focus on internal controls within every process and ensuring team is trained and executing with the same framework.
- Drives continuous improvement and process standardization across the region and globe.
- Works to deliver upon key performance metrics and service levels agreed with business partners.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Masters is a plus
- Relevant Accountancy qualification or equivalent (e.g. CPA, ACCA).
- 7-9 years’ relevant (Management) experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented, analytical and continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong technical mindset. Focus on automation via RPA, mini-bots, Excel required
- SAP and Cadency experience a plus
- Operating in a Sox environment a plus
- Ability to lead and manage a team, and work independently
- Must have highly developed business relationship skills with strong service orientation.
- Holds self and team accountable to a performance metric culture continuing to evolve excellence.
- Able to lead a team of accountants with the same expectations above
- Fluent in English, additional language capabilities are a plus
- Work in an international & globally focused environment
- Attractive benefits package and language lessons
- Opportunity for LEAN certifications
- Focus on authentic individual career goals
- Based in The Netherlands and offices with the BSI BV distribution center office location.
Requisition ID: 491263
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.