Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This is a full-time position based in Kingsport or in Western Europe and will report to the Director, GSP COE and Shared Services. The role will have four primary objectives: (1) continue the One Eastman sourcing and procurement transformation, (2) build category strategies in conjunction with sourcing managers, (3) develop the market research analysts in our Hyderabad Service Center (HSC), and (4) coordinate Procurement raw material forecasting process for Global Sourcing and Procurement (GSP)
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Lead One Eastman Transformational Program in GSP
- Provide Expertise on One Eastman sourcing/procurement tools and framework
- Become an expert in the 4-step procurement process to drive value capture in commodity categories.
- Provide expertise and advise on the use of One Eastman tools (fact base creation, analysis frameworks and techniques) in defined commodity categories (direct or indirect) with the category manager utilizing demand, specification and commercial levers to drive value opportunities.
- Identify and prioritize category selection for future efforts with GSP LT.
Oversee the Category Strategy Process in GSP
- Provide support to create the situational assessment for the category including internal and external assessments, analysis of the business requirements, value chain and capability assessments (SWOT, 5-Forces, cost curves, etc.).
- Create relevant strategy content for discussion and decisions by the category team and GSPLT.
- Advise and challenge on option generation that includes commercial, specification and demand levers and choices of what we will do and what we will not do.
- Assist the sourcing manager with multiple reviews including internal team reviews as well as with members of the Business Leadership Team and senior leaders.
- Assist in the development of the activation plan and follow-up actions from the approved strategy.
Coach and train market research analysts in HSC
- Assist in the development and delivery of training modules as required to instruct the HSC market analysts in the 4-step procurement process and/or category strategy development.
- Track assigned research projects and conduct problem solving time with the analysts.
- Review and approve the deliverables for projects.
- Identify gaps in analyst skill sets and engage with leadership to close gaps
Support Procurement raw material forecasting process
- Establish and execute monthly Procurement raw material forecasting process that meets the needs of key stakeholders (Executive team, GSPLT, Finance, Sourcing) to ensure communication, coordination of WD-1 meeting, and delivery of raw material forecast to businesses.
- Coordinate quarterly raw material review activities with the Executive Team including scheduling meetings, coordinating the presentation, issuing pre-reads, tracking action items and providing follow-up, including responding to Executive Team requests
- Coordinate annual GSP SQ (Strategic Quantification) process with key stakeholders
- Lead any event driven (e.g. Hurricane) coordinated responses related to forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience within multiple functional areas (preferred background would include a sourcing manager, pricing manager, product manager, etc.)
- Previous exposure to purchasing, sourcing or other commercial experience such as contract negotiations, market assessments, strategy frameworks (e.g. Porter analysis, SWOT analysis, etc).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Lead and coach cross-functional teams to deliver extraordinary results in challenging situations.
- Capacity to understand market dynamics and translation into opportunities to drive value through negotiation strategy, tactics and techniques
- Intrinsically strong ability to problem solve in a creative and structured manner (e.g. 12 Choice EBME, McKinsey 4-step)
- The ability to create alternative perspectives using the underlying data and challenge with aspirational thought
- Capable of rapidly learning new techniques and quickly applying them (action orientation)
- Results driven with a process mindset
- Ability to influence, break boundaries and generate creative solutions
- Convey information to individuals and groups in a variety of situations and at varying organizational levels
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.