No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 109584 – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
We are Hill’s – a caring, innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are part of Colgate-Palmolive a leading global consumer products company with a portfolio in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
At Hill’s we have a purpose! Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through groundbreaking innovation, outstanding nutrition, and committed people.
Our strong culture of collaboration, diversity, sustainability and inclusion is rooted in our core values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and experiences.
We pride ourselves on our work life balance, our focus on delivering high ethical standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Summer Hours, Live Better activities, Product Parcels and Health Checks
The Hill’s Quebec OMNI Business Account Manager (BAM) is primarily responsible for managing select Pet Specialty Chain customers in Quebec and Quebec Veterinary Corporate Accounts. The BAM’s focus is building profitable net sales, market share, share of shelf and distribution in the customers within their area of responsibility. The BAM is a role directly responsible for managing the relationship with Mondou and key Quebec Corporate Accounts including (Global Vet, DMV Group, Vet Action, Passionimo, Acces Vet). The BAM will also stay abreast of the market and driven climate to ensure appropriate actions take place to drive the business within their channel.
- Liaise with customer contacts and manage relationships
- Work within gross-to-net and advertising and promotional budgets
- Execute 6P tactics to drive share in-store
- Create, drive and manage plans, programs, and events within these key customers
- Supervise through post-analysis
- Ensure execution at field level through communication
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance, PVA, and CS&L Vet Corporates
- Engage and influence key partners to make Hill’s Prescription Diet their primary nutritional recommendation in key categories
- Drive category growth and brand solutions for each customer
- Drive eCommerce sales with the Quebec Vet corporates
- Develop and execute customer specific plans to achieve Hill’s commercial goals
- Demonstrate national programs to drive Hill’s Prescription Diet BRMO and market share with Qc vet corporates
- Engage customers on category growth expectations. Present strategic plans at key business reviews and annual budget review meetings.
- Customize specific programs with Hill’s RAM team, leveraging brand strategies to drive incremental product sales.
- Execute sales plans and resolve issues through both the customer and internal commercial teams, including customer home office
- Build and maintain a Business Planner to reflect baseline sales and promotion plans. Manage customer payments.
- Develop category and brand solutions for each customer that will drive the Hill’s business.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of Sales experience, with experience with eCommerce preferred
- At least 5 years Key Account management calling on the Head Offices of strategic customers
- General Field Sales experience as Territory Manager or Regional/District Sales Manager
Expected Areas of Skill:
- Strong commercial experience developing and executing strategic customer joint business plans at a HeadQuarter level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) Excellent business presentation skills
- Strong influence and negotiations skills to drive win-win solutions with persistence and respect
- Adept at finding common ground, identifying vital interests and understanding the customer’s underlying priorities
- Strong computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and Word
- Strong analytical skills to develop actionable insights and recommendations that result in profitable volume consumption growth
- Handles ambiguity and strategizes solutions for the customer’s business and quickly develops alternative plans as needed with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter who works effectively across functions, channels, and categories to align priorities, solve problems, optimize resources, and drive effective execution
- Effective execution
- Relationship Building
- Consumer/Customer focused
- Planning/Priority Setting
- Influence / Negotiation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.