At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people we invest in. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers.
Through nine decades, Capital Group’s goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 8,000 associates in 32 offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day.
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
- Our culture is built on shared values that include integrity, collaboration and mutual respect. We want every associate to feel a strong sense of belonging, and know that we value and welcome their experiences, identities and ideas.
- Our commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion starts with our chairman and senior most leaders, all of whom understand that diverse teams operating in a culture where people feel they belong produce better solutions.
- Over 40 Capital Communities unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
You’ll be part of a Global Team, Office Services, whose mission is to enrich the experience of working at Capital, while being integral business partners who deliver solutions and superior service. Through the collective effort of over 150 associates in 32 offices in 15 countries across Capital, we build and maintain a physical environment which promotes associate productivity while supporting the culture and diversity of each of our locations.
- As a Site Services and Operations Manager, you will serve as a steward of Capital Group’s physical work environment and associate services and manage services and operations for the Tokyo office.
- You will be an integral partner to senior leadership in your site and enrich our associate’s working experience by delivering innovative solutions and exceptional service in a fast-changing environment. You will join a global team whose scope includes site services and operations (which includes facility management and maintenance, health and safety, security, food service, etc.). Your experience and expertise will facilitate the execution of high quality, efficient, innovative, and cost-effective solutions.
- You will work closely with your peers in the AsiaPacific region to collaborate and support one another.
Primary responsibilities and essential functions:
Manages the business
- Is responsible for leading the operations and planning aspects of the following:
- Facility management and maintenance
- Associate safety and security (including Ergonomics)
- Office and visitor services (e.g., reception, visitor management, space, supplies and mail services)
- Site operating budget
- Food service operations (e.g. catering, pantry snacks and beverages)
- Business continuity local site planning and event response
- Space planning and move coordination
- Collaborates with other groups to support activities that impact site operations, such as IT, HR, Global Real Estate, Engineering, Meeting Planning
- Oversees relationship with building management
- Collaborates with business units to ensure a good understanding of business needs and the appropriate service level is effectively and efficiently delivered.
- Manages services and their impact on CG culture, core values and core businesses.
- Participates in business planning and strategy discussions within Office Services
- Works with senior business leaders in the region and in Office Services globally to develop both strategic and tactical directions for Office Services business areas in the region
- Works with other Office Services managers in Asia to set Office Services business directions.
- Plans, prioritizes, leads and coordinates projects that impact the site and broader Office Services. (e.g. oversees all site space projects)
- Builds and supports a strong team. Manages performance and development of each team member.
- Meets the Leading Capital expectations of setting the tone, engaging people, drive the business, and challenging yourself
Manages the environment
- Models Capital’s core values through appropriate communication, decision making and interaction skills.
Performs additional responsibilities as assigned
- Demonstrates ability to lead and develop a diverse team
- Demonstrates ability to effectively coordinate work among internal partners and external vendors
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and influence associates across a wide variety of roles and provide situational coaching
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions on complex and broad matters
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of complexity
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with team members, managers, other associates and external parties. Fluent in English.
- Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work across broad, diverse groups
- Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds appropriate rapport with internal and external contacts
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You work in an international environment with the ability to consider both the global perspective and the local culture and speak both Japanese and English.
- You see the big picture. You’ve led teams previously and have guided them to enhance agility and innovation. You have specific examples of when you’ve added value by analyzing spend, performance and quality using facility management software.
- In identifying and aligning top priorities, you encourage trade-offs that facilitate decision making. You’ve fine-tuned your communication style to influence a variety of personalities.
- You thrive in situations where there isn’t a playbook with a clear-cut answer. You are not easily surprised, and you handle changing circumstances flexibly with composure and diplomacy.
- You’re devoted to continuous learning and development for your team and yourself. You find new ways of challenging yourself by asking “what if” often. Your curiosity allows you to consult in a manner that adds value in a variety of settings.
- Your career has been built upon your ability to empathetically listen and address challenges with creativity. The solutions you’ve launched include technological components that have enhanced innovative work environments.