Job Req ID: 695981
Position Number: 00020833
Employment Type: PRN
Shift Details: Shifts may vary based on the need
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Therapy Float Pool
Location: Carolinas Rehabilitation Main
Location Details: Location may vary based on need
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Occupational Therapy (OT) upon referral by the physician. Plans and conducts OT programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties.
- Directs and supervises activities of OT assistants, OT technicians, students, and volunteers involved in administering care to patients and assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
- Evaluates patients and establishes appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as warranted by the patient’s diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive and orthotic devices.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as patient’s status changes.
- Communicates patient’s evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient’s schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program including equipment use.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and adequate language/cognitive skills to perform job duties. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in OT from an accredited OT program required. NC license for OT required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer