Requisition Number: 45840
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope/Purpose of Position:
Provide overall health services for the Trivium plant located in Hickory, NC. The Registered Nurse (RN) will provide nursing assessments, treatments and recommendations for Corning employees related to illness or injury.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify risks and hazards in the occupational setting
- Work to prevent or reduce illnesses and injuries
- Case management of disability and workers compensation cases
- Facilitate employee illness/injury process, including IRT
- Support emergency preparedness and disaster planning for the occupational setting
- Develop programs to reduce work related risks and illnesses
- Develop and deliver educational efforts to boost employee understanding of their health and safety on and off the job
- Perform Health Assessments: provide medical care by taking vital signs, assessing the patient’s injury, illness, document findings, formulate and educate on treatment plans, and perform medical interventions.
- Initiate and support timely patient flow in the collection and documentation of patient medical history, appropriate medical intervention including coordination of physician medical assessment, physical examination and occupational medical treatment.
- Document and Maintain records related to the treatment of Corning employees in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Administration or similar country/national governing regulations
- Utilize Corning’s PIIM (post injury and illness management) program by working with Corning’s carrier (work or non-work related) to enable early safe return to work via appropriate and monitored work accommodations
- Promote good overall health and well-being
- Lead pandemic response for occupational setting.
- Lead hearing, respiratory and Laser Eye safety programs.
- Provide emergency care to employees injured or sick on the job
- Connect employees to others in the health field who can help them with health-related concerns
- Deliver wellness programs such as smoking cessation programs, fitness programs, nutritional counseling, stress management programs, education, and more
- Lead First Responder efforts for occupational setting, BBP, flu shots, blood drives, vaccinations, etc.
- Participate on teams including 24/7 team, ergonomics, etc.
- Ensures that Health Services leadership remains apprised and updated on pertinent matters requiring their attention
- Adheres to the highest standard of confidentiality and ensures that all communication and dialogue is handled in same manner
- Current CPR Certification
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Good administrative skills with the ability to multi-task
- Understanding of how to prevent and manage occupation injuries
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with general office programs and equipment
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
- Flexible work schedule including working occasional overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Timely and effective communication as demonstrated through strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with management team toward the completion of Health Services Mission, Vision and Values
- Core understanding of how to prevent and manage occupation injuries
- PC proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Maintaining and ordering medical supplies/over the counter medications
- Self-directed and motivated
- RN or COHN
Required Years & Area of Experience:
- Minimum of 7 plus years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Occupational Medicine, Emergency Room, or Intensive Care Unit experience preferred
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
This position does not support work authorization sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.