Work Schedule/Days: Day / Variable
Employment Type: PRN
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 80941
Participates as interdisciplinary patient care team member to provide nutritional services and education to meet needs of identified patient population within the scope of the medical center’s mission and values.
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Medical Dietetics, or related field
- Current Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Georgia licensed dietitian
- Pediatric nutrition experience in inpatient or outpatient setting preferred, but not reequired
- Experience in pediatric populations
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Determines nutritional assessment using age and developmentally appropriate standards.
- Recommends appropriate medical nutritional therapy for assigned patients and evaluates response to medical nutritional therapy and determines change.
- Instructs patient and family related to nutritional therapy which incorporates age-appropriate developmental standards. Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for learning needs of patient and family.
- Advises groups related to pediatric nutritional therapy and community nutrition as required.
- Implements departmental standards for documenting all aspects of work-related activities.
- Participates as member of interdisciplinary team.
- Directs and evaluates dietetic interns/students.
- Maintains professional development responsibilities.
- Performs other responsibilities as required, including but not limited to departmental committee participation and annual competencies.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Allied Health – Nutrition