This position is eligible for a bonus when successful candidate meets applicable guidelines
11 West—This 28 Medical/Surgical Unit is the primary unit for Trauma/Neurosurgery, Urology, and General surgery patients. They are the alternate unit for orthopedic surgery, hospitalist, and other medical patients.
This position is full time, working rotating Day/Evening & Evening/Night shifts and every other weekend & rotating holiday requirements
This is the job opportunity where you can bring your valuable skills to life. At Carilion Clinic, our team provides care in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
As part of the health care team, the Nursing Assistant performs basic clerical and technical clinical services relating to the care, cleanliness, safety, and comfort for patients of all ages. The Nursing Assistant also provides quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care.
NA job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Provides basic nursing care and performs advanced technical skills for specified age groups according to established standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living. Transports patients, supplies, specimens, equipment, etc. within the facility. Appropriately documents and reports patient observations to licensed staff.
- Contributes to Carilion Clinic’s performance improvement activities. Actively participates in obtaining desired service line/departmental outcomes.
- Reviews medical record for outstanding orders and notifies nurse of stat orders and medication changes.
- Orders department/unit supplies and equipment and stocks/organizes supplies.
- Processes equipment between patients as needed (cleans unit based equipment and gathers supplies needed to operate equipment). Operates and maintains general office equipment.
- Manages admissions, transfers, and discharges. Coordinates patient flow into/out of area using department/unit specific software and Intranet. Schedules patient therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
Successful candidate must be available to attend required classes and training during day shift hours, 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, for the first 3 weeks of employment. These classes are MANDATORY!!
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education required.
Experience: Previous experience in direct patient care preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Certified Nursing Assistant preferred. Must successfully complete Basic Life Support Course within 6 months of hire.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 78053
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH – Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: d/e/n rotating holidays EOW
Recruiter: SARAH R BOSWELL
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.