Posting End Date: 01/23/2022
Performs reactor disassembly/reassembly, dry fuel storage, and fuel handling activities, irradiated component handling, and maintenance associated with equipment/tooling for the activities.
- Performs reactor disassembly and reassembly activities.
- Performs pre and post-outage activities related to the outage refuel path.
- Operates fuel handling equipment in the reactor and fuel handling buildings to support fuel movements and irradiated component handling.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on reactor disassembly/reassembly, fuel handling, and dry fuel storage equipment/tooling.
- Performs technical reviews of procedures and other plant documents.
- Supports dry fuel and refueling (pre-outage, outage, and post outage) activities across the fleet approximately 50% of the year.
Minimum education required for the position
Related work experience or military training
Minimum experience required for the position
- Fuel Services Technician, I: No prior experience required. Experience with reactor disassembly/reassembly path, dry fuel storage, or fuel handling is highly preferred.
- Fuel Services Technician, II: 2 years of experience with reactor disassembly/reassembly path, dry fuel storage, or fuel handling.
- Fuel Services Technician, Sr: 4 years or more of experience with reactor disassembly/reassembly path, dry fuel storage, or fuel handling.
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position
Must be knowledgeable in Nuclear power plant maintenance to include rigging and material handling, electrical terminations, and torquing. Must have the ability to read prints, verbal and written comprehension, and the ability to troubleshoot and then repair fuel services equipment. Must be physically capable to ascend and descend ladders into and out of the refueling cavity to support reactor disassembly/reassembly. Must be able to travel to other sites approximately 50%.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Successful completion of the EEI MASS test.
**Candidates selected to take the MASS Test will be invited via e-mail. You may need to check your spam email.
**If you are MASS Recommended, please note it on your resume.
Primary Location: Louisiana-Killona
Job Function: Nuclear
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 104865
Travel Percentage:50% to 75%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.