Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
The purpose of this role is to create and lead the development and execution of marketing and sales strategies for the Peripheral Interventions division in the Northern European Cluster (UK & Ireland, France, Nordics and Belgium). The role has P&L responsibility with a track record of double digit growth, manages a team of 70 people and reports to the VP Peripheral Interventions EMEA.
The mission of Peripheral Interventions is to deliver innovative solutions that transform the lives of patients and enable them to live longer, happier and more fulfilling lives.
The division is present in all major EMEA markets, mainly through direct sales organizations combined with some distributor networks in Italy, Eastern Europe and MENA. We are over 250 people in Europe, a mixture of sales, marketing and clinical specialist roles with the support of key functions – Finance, HR, Health economics and Market access, Medical affairs. We have a strong connection to our global organization.
Our business is driven by three franchises: arterial, venous and interventional oncology. These are our areas of investment in terms of portfolio and market development and represent huge opportunity for us to differentiate within the market place. We plan to strengthen our category leadership position in drug eluting technologies; work to expand the market for venous procedures specifically DVT and PE; challenge for the leadership position in SIRT, and support the clinical community to develop new indications for interventional oncology.
We invest in technology and in clinical data to support our therapies. Recently we published two important trials which met their endpoint and will contribute to significant developments in the market. In 2019 we closed the acquisition of BTG and now have integrated those technologies into our portfolio. Our investments in internal R and D, and in acquisitions will continue aligned to our three therapy areas of focus.
People are at the centre of everything we do. This role will continue to develop a high performing team inspired by making a difference for patients and determined to develop the business and grow market share
- Manage the P&L of the division in the region
- Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies in order to take the organisation to the next level
- Plan and control expenses to ensure sales objectives are met within budget
- Deploy account tiering strategy and promote continuous improvement of sales execution and productivity
- Hire top talent and promote and develop talent within our organization. Foster a winning culture according to BSC values and encourage continuous personal development of the team. Identify and drive opportunities to develop the skills of the organization
- Drive marketing excellence, ensuring coherent marketing planning and execution to drive market share and develop new markets for new technologies
- Maintain contact with major accounts and key relationships seeking to leverage profitable business ventures and help define negotiation parameters for tough economically constrained customer situations
- Maintain knowledge of the industry and the competition, preparing the organisation on how to counter them and how to foresee impact on local/regional sales activities
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- MBA degree will be valued
- Strong sales and marketing track record ideally in the medical devices industry.
- Significant senior management experience of leading sales teams (performance management, training, coaching), preferably gained in the Medical Device industry at national or divisional level
- Demonstrates ability to work with and manage cross-cultural teams in a matrix environment
- Fluency in English
- Proven ability to liaise with and influence Key Opinion Leaders
- Analytical skills; proven ability to analyse numerical and financial data
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Leadership, charisma and capacity to inspire others
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Excels working in fast-paced, competitive environment
- Strategic and Innovative mindset
- Willing and able to travel as required by workload
Requisition ID: 509476
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.