Requisition ID: 237289
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/30/2021
The Senior ESH Specialist supports the implementation of ESH management programs, systems and processes; provides the technical oversight of the environment, safety and health activities; and provides the overall support for a specific area to be successful in controlling the risk of harm to people, property and the environment.
- Actively supports area leaders in the implementation of the ESH program
- Monitors the implementation of the ESH program and reports successes and areas of improvement
- Liaises and openly communicates with area leaders and the GBU ESH Manager on area status and needs
- Identifies best practices for implementation
- Maintains a working relationship with client representatives, leaders and other ESH team members
- Participates in area leader meetings to identify and report on ESH requirements
- Acts as the lead investigator for any significant incident in their area
- Supervises and maintains a team that provides in-field ESH support to all construction areas
- Identifies activities that directly reduce risk
- Acts as the lead investigator for any significant incident in the field
Grades 26 and 27 –
+ Supervises and maintains a team that provides in-field environmental support
+ Acts as the Project ESH Manager during periods of absence
- Leadership skills to enable a team to be successful – coach, mentor, participate, direct (Grade 26 and 27)
- Professional skill set to deliver quality outputs of an ESH program
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Attributes that openly display ESH as a personal value
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, targets and objectives
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.