|City:||Urbana, AR, United States|
|Location:||Urbana Plant (GA11)|
Who We Are:
Canfor – a leading integrated forest products company and one of the world’s largest producers of sustainable lumber, pulp and paper – is a recognized employer of choice and an exciting place to grow your career.
We have an established presence in the southern US and in Western Canada, as well as sales offices around the world, and are proud of our committed team of over 6,500 employees.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor is a key member of the Maintenance Team and, as such, is responsible for the supervision of maintenance crews and to ensure work is performed without undue risk. The focus will be on coaching/developing employees to achieve cost effective results in accordance with safety procedures, as well as constructively directing them to optimize their performance. A key part of this role will be to plan out the daily, weekly and monthly maintenance work functions.
**Please note this is a night shift position**
- Supervise and provide leadership in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Provide direction and support to reports and foster a highly effective working relationship with all employees
- Develop and achieve targets in safety, quality, cost, and delivery
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program is developed and followed and that cost targets are within budget
- Coordinate the planned work of crews to ensure both maintenance and production targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain high standards of work performance and correct behavior as required
- A strong commitment to safety
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity in industrial maintenance
- Proven leadership skills coupled with ability to effectively manage people in a team environment
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills
- Knowledge of an electronic based maintenance program (i.e. MP2, EAM, etc.) would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a maintenance or electrical technician or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge or experience in lumber manufacturing considered an asset
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
As we continue to expand our company and our markets, now is the ideal time to grow your career with Canfor. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees. Join Canfor for the stability, exciting career opportunities and growth potential while working for a recognized industry leader.
El Dorado/Urbana, AR
This operation joined Canfor in 2015 following our acquisition of Anthony Forest Products and plays a key role in Canfor’s growing presence in the US South.
Historic El Dorado and nearby Urbana are located in the Timberlands region of South Arkansas. Nestled near the calm waters of the Ouachita River, this oil “boom town” of the 1920s has evolved over the years into an area rich in southern charm, history and well-known festivals. The citizens of El Dorado have made education a priority demonstrated by their school district being known for its innovation and unsurpassed financial support. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/el-dorado-ar