Job ID: 118471
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: India- Pune (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution and transforming large organizations with technology. Our software powers some of the largest organizations in the world and we are looking for someone to join our team and help us build the future.
In one sentence
We are hiring for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. This team will be responsible for planning, designing, and rolling out proactive resiliency practices which protect customer journeys from disruption and avoid re-engineering costs through the early detection of existing and emerging resiliency threats. You’ll use your Operations experience, Development Skillset, and understanding of complex Infrastructure to build stable, secure, resilient systems, that provide enterprise services to our customers. We are looking for creative and talented individuals that like solving complex challenges.
What will your job look like?
- Site reliability engineers will be dedicated to creating practice that improves the reliability of systems through the optimization of processes.
- Design and develop robust impact assessment framework that will validate impact of changes to ecosystem
- Design, develop and execute chaos engineering practices for the technology ecosystem
- Develop requirements to enhance observability of performance visuals, implement telemetry controls, and consult on self-healing capabilities for identified/prioritized failure scenarios
- Adding automation and context to alerts and building self-healing mechanisms to prevent human involvement
- Improve observability of platform and build dashboards using SRE tools like Grafana, Prometheus and Edge Tools
- Conduct post-incident reviews (RCAs), to identify what’s working and what’s not – document the findings and take actions on the learnings
All you need is…
- 5-10 years of experience in performance testing, with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Expert in developing test scripts, creating scenario, test execution and analysis using LoadRunner / JMeter
- Expertise in running load test on various platforms/protocols
- Working knowledge of containers and any one container orchestration platform (Kubernetes/Nomad/Mesos/Swarm)
- Experience in High Availability testing for complex and various application platforms
- Working knowledge of Logging (e.g. ELK) and Monitoring (e.g. Prometheus) solutions
- Working knowledge with development technology stack Programming tools like Docker / Python / Django / Celery / Postgres
- Strong technical, analytical, problem solving skills, which can be used to do detailed production incident analysis
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills, need to coordinate across various applications/vendors
- Ability to think strategically about how to create firm wide solutions to business requirements and ability to communicate effectively to both business and technical audiences
- Ability to orchestrate and drive complex strategies and solutions
Why you will love this job:
- Get the chance to work with the industry’s most ground-breaking testing technologies and help customers shift into the new testing realities of the digitized world!
- Get the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth and one of the highest scores of employee engagement in Amdocs!
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce