Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Learning & Multimedia Manager role is responsible for partnering with talent and the wider business to help position Amtrak as a top employer, with the aim of attracting & engaging the best talent.
• Partner with Talent and business leaders to clearly define our Amtrak employee value proposition.
• Identify partners and platforms to help amplify and position our brand among key talent.
• Consistently keep abreast of trends and changes in the transportation and amongst identified competitors, updating the business and proposing ways to participate where necessary.
• Build relationships with key internal partners (e.g. comms, wellness and inclusion) to gather internal resources to help build our external narrative.
• Plan and execute branding events on and offsite.
• Create ongoing and innovative engagement programs to continuously evolve our employer brand.
• Overseeing and contributing to the production of digital media creation that supports the company’s Human Resource functions and special events.
• S/he will be instrumental in setting the creative vision and ensuring the standards and guidelines for producing media content are met.
• Provide oversight and manage multimedia projects throughout its lifecycle. S/he will create multimedia projects and deliverables, including graphic design, publication design, video and audio production, on-location video recording, animation, and interactive design. This individual will be responsible for partnering with the business to provide multimedia expertise and support
• Bachelor’s Degree, Business Administration, Marketing, Media/Graphic Design, Training, Education, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience in related field.
• Seven (7) years of business experience, preferable in training & development, or related field. Eleven (11) years of work experience in lieu of degree.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.).
• Proficient with digital training solutions (Articulate Storyline, Captivate, etc.).
• Experience with Learning Management Systems (SuccessFactors).
• Experience working well in a fast-paced environment with high volume projects and tight deadlines.
• Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
• Ability to think creatively and take ownership of projects while remaining open to accepting feedback and constructive input.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and frequent, changing priorities.
• Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with leadership to provide updates and insight into best practices for ongoing priorities.
• Supports a collaborative work environment to ensure the best results for the team and company.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to be consistently open, honest and candid when communicating with others.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Positive, team-player attitude and willingness to help.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree in in Graphic design, multimedia design, and/or related field experience (education, technical writing, digital media).
• Broad experience in instructional design and/or eLearning, which could include specialized certificate programs.
• Six (6) or more years’ of experience creating multimedia solutions for a large organization.
• Position will work in an office environment
• Position will require extensive time working on a computer
• Position may require flexible hours to support various business time zones
• Some travel may be required
• Ability and willingness to deliver training during non-traditional hours as needed.
• May also frequent train stations and various types of facilities in the field (platforms, mechanical yards, back shops, etc.)
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Delaware; Maryland; New York; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate Jobs