Req Id: 345391
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Multi Skilled Journalist (MSJ)
Job Status: Regular-Full time
Location: 1149 Goyeau St., Windsor, ON.
Salary: Commensurate with collective agreement
Hours of Work: Hours required based on operational needs. Includes working nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Incumbent will be responsible for on-going, pro-active coverage of regional and local issues throughout the CTV Windsor coverage area
- Identify, research, investigate, gather, write, edit, interview, and report both visually and aurally News stories in live or taped programming.
- Provide backfill for anchor talent and assist in production of 6:00pm and 11:00pm newscasts
- Producing, Line-up, assignment desk and web duties.
- Have a broadly appealing “on-air” presence with the capability of performing in a “live” environment and the ability to interact well with others on camera.
- Strong writing, research and presentation skills.
- Utilize digital and social media platforms for news distribution
- Operate ENG equipment and accessories for newsgathering.
- Contact external organizations for background material.
- Develop story ideas for inclusion in news shows
- Other duties as required
- We are seeking a team player with practical experience as a Videographer.
- Post-secondary education in Journalism or equivalent course
- Strong writing, reporting, on-camera-skills, proficiency in video journalism and a proven track record for generating innovative story ideas.
- Minimum one-year experience in a videography or reporting role with a professional news organization
- Minimum one-year experience anchoring newscasts for a professional news organization
- Knowledge of coverage area (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions)
- Knowledge of municipal affairs and political systems
- Experience in the operation of ENG equipment and non-linear editing.
- Practical working knowledge of Microsoft Office and iNEWS.
- A valid G class driver’s license and a good driving record are required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Talent
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Windsor
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/24/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Windsor
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.