Job Req ID: 801321
Position Number: 00154687
Employment Type: PRN
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Radiology – MRI
Location: Atrium Health Mercy
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Operates magnetic resonance imaging equipment, computer, and image management systems utilized in performing MRI exams. Provides patient care appropriate for a working environment that utilizes magnetic fields. Manages the application of MR contrast agents.
- Determines how the selection of parameters and options affects image quality.
- Processes MRI data, including the development and implementation of new procedures.
- Monitors computers, injector systems, patient care monitors, and other related equipment.
- Maintains venipuncture technique and patient care skills appropriate for administration of MRI contrast materials.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals, or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist, or registered nurse.
- Establishes a self-study program that maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art technology and meets ARRT or NCSRT CME requirements.
- Works closely with the area supervisor in providing procedural updates or recommendations.
Requires frequent stretching, bending, twisting, squatting, and kneeling in performing diagnostic procedures. Lifting, pushing, pulling and gripping may be required for positioning patients and maneuvering equipment. Vision and hearing for distances of at least 20 feet is necessary. Significant walking will be required, as approximately 60% of work time will be standing. 40% work time will be operating computers and equipment requiring significant manual dexterity and use of the hands. Communication skills, both oral and written are essential components to job performance. All procedures or other job-related tasks involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues, or other potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate protective measures are required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED and completion of a formal, AMA approved Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine program required. Registry with either the NMTCB, ARRT (N), or ARRT (R) required. MRI experience preferred; Formal MRI training a significant benefit; Advanced Registry in MRI beneficial.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer