Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
National Mortgage US – Operations
The Mortgage Operations Quality Control Officer is responsible for managing the quality control program for the residential mortgage originations and servicing, implementing departmental procedures controls, and reporting information concerning the company’s procedural and regulatory compliance with departmental, corporate, and agency lending guidelines.
This individual assures that the quality control process occurs in a timely manner and that areas representing potential operating deficiencies, errors and omissions, unfavorable patterns or trends, intentional misconduct or fraudulent activity are reported to senior management. Recommends and helps implement prompt and appropriate corrective measures to be taken and documented when appropriate.
In this position, you will:
- Manage and oversee the Servicing/Originations Mortgage Quality Control Program in accordance with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac guidelines and Popular Bank’s Quality Control Plan
- Oversee regular quality control assessments of pre-fund, funded, withdrawn/cancelled/declined, and servicing transactions
- Coordinate quality control assessment results and submits findings to senior management monthly
- Responsible for HMDA reporting and maintenance of HMDA data within the Loan Origination System, which includes auditing all withdrawn/cancelled/declined files for HMDA/ECOA compliance
- Responsible for initial rebuttal of 3rd party vendor Quality Control findings to include providing missing documentation and writing rebuttal responses to resolve discrepancies within 1st round of review
- Serve as an application coordinator, registering/terminating all users, etc.
- Assist with internal/external audits and assessments. Compile and review loan data and documents to be presented to examiners
- Perform special assessments and projects at the direction of senior management
- Manage the entirely of Quality Control and Assurance vendor relationships include invoicing, performance reviews, assessments, corrective actions, etc.
- Develop and maintain Quality Control Program guidelines and procedures to ensure key processes are identified and conform to any and all applicable Popular Bank, federal, state and agency laws, rules and regulations
To be considered, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) is preferred and a minimum of seven years’ mortgage lending experience, with three to five years related experience in compliance and quality control
- A minimum of three to four years’ experience in residential mortgage lending operations and loan servicing
- Strong understanding of mortgage lending including operations and mortgage compliance-must understand TRID and be able to perform all financial calculations
- Working knowledge of conforming and non-conforming product guidelines, underwriting policies, loan documentation requirements and GSE seller guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to learn computer systems and adapt to new programs
- Strong organization skills
- Superior attention to details
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.