Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Residential Mortgage Credit – US
This position is responsible for supporting the review and administration of all credit applications.
In this position, you will:
- Assist in reviewing assigned credit applications.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning credit request and to determine risk as necessary.
- Assist in reviewing evidence of income submitted by applicants to determine validity of financial position.
- Make recommendations to higher lending authority on all credit applications.
Home Equity Documentation Specialist
- Coordinate the processing and closing of a pipeline that consist of Home Equity Loan Applications.
- Communicate credit decisions including: approvals, counter offers, or declinations to our customer and business partners.
- Communicate professionally in oral and written format with internal and external customers regarding status requests, missing information, and/or explanation of required documentation.
- Review underwriting conditions and ensure they are either signed off by the underwriter or that the necessary documentation is in the file and acceptable for closing purposes.
- Collaborate with the credit underwriter to obtain a clearance to close.
- Schedule settlement date with the third-party vendor and our customer.
- Prepare closing package according to Popular policy and procedures.
- Maintain and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of our Home Equity Loan guidelines and pricing structure in performing responsibilities.
- Adhere to departments goals pertaining to Monthly Production, SLA’s, Quality, Customer Service, etc.
- Adhere to all regulatory and bank guidelines and department standards
To be considered, you will need:
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business related field.
- Desirable Education/Experience: 2-5 yrs
- Register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and meet all requirements on the Safe Act
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.