Job ID: 130858
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: :MEXICO- GUADALAJARA (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Sets up, installs and maintains monitoring tools for distributed production environment
What will your job look like?
- We are seeking a monitoring analyst experienced in scripting to maintain and administer local installations of monitoring tools such as Micro Focus (former HP) Diagnostics, Sitescope, OM (Operations Manager), AppDynamics, InfluxDB, Grafana, Kapacitor and Loom
- Design and facilitate the expansion and improvement of the monitoring infrastructure in areas of open source products Grafana/InfluxDB/Kapacitor, OpenView products, notification, business views, event correlation and integration of third party applications
- Proactively work with various ongoing support and development teams on analyzing the application and come up with monitoring solutions to insure availability, performance and data collection
- Assist development of new tests, which includes adapting procedures/scripts from the production and delivery groups into the monitoring tool
- Work with other groups to facilitate the design and implementation of relevant procedures for identification and automatic correction of issues
- Provide monitoring on-call support for production operations
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/IT/Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Analytical and IT troubleshooting skills
- Experience in application deployment and troubleshooting
- Experience with monitoring tools like: Grafana, InfluxDB, Kapacitor, ELK, Loom, AppDynamics, Micro Focus (former Mercury/HP) products – Diagnostics, Sitescope, OM/OVO (OpenView) and BPM), with capability to administer, manage, install and configure the tools
- Good knowledge of scripting – ksh/Python/Go/JSON
- Good knowledge of SQL or Time series databases (TS/influxDB)
- 2+ yrs basic UNIX system or application administration experience
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes
Nice to have
- Extended expertise in monitoring tools
- Extended expertise in scripting/SQL
- Extended expertise in deploy dockerized applications
- Expertise in AWS implementations
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
- You will have scope for professional development
- Ability to contribute to solution and design
- You will gain expertise in maintaining large distributed production environment
- Team play
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce