Staff Engineer, Molding
Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. In this “always-on” world, we believe it is important to have a genuine connection with the work you do. The epicenter of this transformation is powered by the world’s most sophisticated networks – the connectivity we create. Our experienced employees are rethinking the purpose, role and use of our networks across the globe; to increase bandwidth, expand capacity, improve efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From sports arenas to state-of-the-art data centers – we provide opportunities where you can innovate and create, while growing and developing your career. Come connect to your future.
Due to increased customer demand, CommScope has an open position for a Molding Engineer in Shanghai, China!
The Mold Engineer will work closely with various departments (R&D, Purchasing, Production) and with the external suppliers. They will monitor the mold projects and follow up with the stakeholders, starting with the Developers in R&D until the parts are approved and advanced to the final molding supplier.
- Collaborate with R&D, Buyers, internal production and /or with external suppliers
- Represent the mold cell in cross-functional meetings and projects
- Responsible for the projects assigned to the mold cell
- Work closely together with the Mold Engineers located in other CommScope plants globally.
- Set up the project plan together with the project administrator in accordance with the procedures.
- Monitor that the molded part of a project runs within the scope, within budget and according to the plan.
- Supporting internal customers (R&D-product development, product management, Quality and Value Streams, Operations)
- Liaise and work together with external mold makers and molders.
- Check parts and mold designs and draw up DFM reports in cooperation with the mold makers / R&D
- Report possible deviations on timing and budget within the mold cell, as well as deviations within the project teams to the initiator of the project
- Weekly reporting to the project administrator on the status of the projects assigned to you!
- Min 10 years of related experience with Mold Making and Molding
- Bachelor degree in engineering is preferred (but strong work experience within a technical background may also be considered).
- Experience of project work (set up and follow up with budget and planning) is required
- Good knowledge of injection molding resins is required
- Knowledge in die casting, stamping preferred
- Skillful in software Auto cad, Pro-E, UG and Mold flow analysis.
- You must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Travelling will be a part of the job up to 30 %
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge English in writing and speaking
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of SAP and SharePoint would be an advantage.
Our dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking, and caring people who strive to build what’s next. We provide our employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build, while growing and developing their careers. We thrive with change and know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and generating better solutions. Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving.