Micron Technology is a world leader in innovative memory solutions that transform how the world uses information. We offer the industry’s broadest portfolio and are the only company that manufactures todays major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory.
Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the steadfast pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build to help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
We strive for a highly productive and enjoyable working environment! It is a priority for us to provide a rich and nurturing environment where everybody in the team can contribute and grow their skills and knowledge.
As a Non-Volatile Engineering (NVE) Manage NAND Product Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for product verification, test firmware development, and failure analysis.
Successful completion of these responsibilities requires skills in failure analysis/problem solving, intrinsic NAND operation, MNAND FW architecture, experience with mass memory interface host behavior and test programs development.
You will create and maintain product documentation, ensure necessary resources and analyze product data. You will work closely with Quality Assurance, Design, Firmware, Applications Engineering and HVM PE to ensure product reliability. You will also be asked to gain new product knowledge, as well as develop and mentor talent.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Execute product verification
- Facilitate and manage verification execution
- Develop verification test program/sequence based on specifications and application usage model
- Perform Electrical Failure Analysis (EFA) and drive root cause and corrective action with other internal engineering groups
- Report data in a clear format including concise comments about findings
- Perform FA and risk assessment at all decision points within verification cycle
- Collaborate to develop the DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis), DFT (Design For Testability), DFM (Design For Manufacturability)
- Continuously improve product quality and reliability through test development
- Support development and execute TFW for production, FA and NAND verification
- Develop test plans and support in Laboratory test activities
- Create unit tests and integrate with automation frameworks
Ensure readiness of failure analysis support for Managed NAND products
- Maintain knowledge of product functionality
- Develop software and hardware tools
- Build collaborative relationships with Design, Validation and Firmware Teams
- Support and manage Failure Analysis
- Comprehend the issue using 8D FA techniques
- Replicate the issue on testing equipment
- Collaborate with content experts to drive root cause, corrective action and continuous improvement
- Work with Quality Assurance Teams on customer returns to establish root cause and corrective action
Support Product development activity
- Define solutions with Development team
- Support issue resolution during proliferation design-in and customer mass production
- Collaborate with the marketing application engineering team to manage application notes, risk assessment, and “errata” versus datasheet
Master Degree or Degree in Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer engineering
Phd in Electronics, Computer engineering
1 year experience in any of the following:
- knowledges of oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, logic analyzer
Travel Required? Yes
Travel Frequency Not Specified
Travel Duration Not Specified
Travel Type Domestic
Shift: 8+ hour shift, 5 days a week
Job Hazards: Not Specified
Personal Protective Equipment: Not Specified
Equipment Use: Not Specified
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint™ memory and NOR, is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client, consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit micron.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.