BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a subsidiary of BWXT Canada Ltd. BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
We are searching for a talented and qualified Millwright for our facility in Oakville, Ontario.
As a Millwright, you will have proven experience with manufacturing equipment repairs. You will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and installing equipment as well as general maintenance items consistent with a manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of motors and other industrial machine mechanisms essential for job procedures.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Preventative maintenance of various types of machines including determination of which types of maintenance activities are required.
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when completing jobs.
- Track and document PM reports and downtime.
- Provide breakdown support.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electric systems.
- Repair / rebuild / replace parts where required.
- General facility maintenance.
- Read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Work safely with a range of hand tools.
- Completion of an accredited Millwright certificate program.
- Certificate of Qualification (CofQ) – Millwright (able to produce a copy of same).
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Millwright or similar job.
- Knowledge of CNC Lathe and Milling machinery would be an asset, as would CNC experience, but not required.
- Having experience with Electrical and Controls/PLC is also an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills while working within a team-based environment.
- Strong ability to work independently and to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required in our industry.
- Experience using lifting devices (cranes and forklifts).
- Computer literate with proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.