The maker of the red SOLO cup, Dart Container, is looking for a skilled, collaborative and strategic Communications Specialist to help us implement internal and external communications initiatives.
In this role, you’ll join an experienced and supportive Corporate Communications team that helps the company achieve strategic objectives and engage our employees, who are the key to Dart’s success. You’ll use your communications skills to partner with business leaders and manufacturing locations to create and execute communications plans, and support communications channels and platforms. More specifically, you will:
Serve as strategic communications consultant to assigned functions to increase employee engagement and retention and help achieve company strategic objectives
Align function-specific communications with companywide priorities
Apply strategic thinking to all communications to identify appropriate messages, audiences and platforms
Develop and implement communications strategies, change management plans and other deliverables including intranet content, reports, presentations, video scripts and digital signage
Support leadership and the business during emergency response and crisis communications events
Champion the corporate brand and consistent messaging for internal and external audiences
Assist with media inquiries, news releases and other external communications
Assist in creating and maintaining accurate and timely information on SharePoint-based intranet
Dart employees enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule, working 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. Come join us!
Core Skills & Qualifications
A successful Communications Specialist candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field or knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired through a bachelor’s degree
- Four (4) years’ professional experience developing and executing strategic internal and external communications in a business environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team-centered environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Writing, editing and project management experience with a variety of print and online media (internally and externally focused)
- Experience creating intranet content
- Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to create reports containing graphs and other intermediate functions (e.g., perform mail merge, insert table of contents)
- Microsoft PowerPoint skills to include the ability to create complex presentations (e.g., embedding videos, animation schemes)
- Microsoft Teams skills to include virtual collaboration and sharing and editing content
- Graphic design skills to include the ability to create on-brand visual elements for presentations, videos, intranet
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks, projects and priorities
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Favorable motor vehicle report upon hire
In addition to the above listed requirements, a successful Senior Communications Specialist candidate must also possess:
- Seven (7) years’ professional experience developing and executing strategic internal and external communications in a business environment
- Ability to work independently and make strategically driven decisions
- Experience managing intranet content and governance
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Manufacturing industry experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
*THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.