Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
*This position is open to the following locations: New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Wilmington, DE; Washington, DC
The Manager Workforce Planning is responsible for the oversight and development of meaningful and actionable workforce plans and metrics to drive workforce decisions. This position reports to the Director Talent Acquisition Support.
The Manager Workforce Planning is responsible for understanding Amtrak’s strategic plan and the impact of market shifts and workforce changes to identify talent needed now and in the future. This position serves as a subject matter expert on workforce planning methodologies.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand workforce requirements in terms of headcount, budget, & skills needed now and in the future. Responsible for leading the discussion with department heads to determine existing skillsets as well as future skillsets. Also responsible to partner with Talent and Performance Management to determine a strategy which closes the gap between the two.
- Plan future projections of staffing and forecast resource growth based on the organizational and business goals. Responsible for advising Talent Acquisition as to current and future needs for planning purposes.
- Leverage internal and external data, trends, analytics, and insights to assess talent gaps, forecast resource needs, and model future scenarios to accurately identify and prioritize talent risks and opportunities.
- Implement and updates an end-to-end workforce planning process, including design, plan, and deployment of the workforce strategy with relevant tools and frameworks.
- Support the end-to-end cycle of workforce planning from collection during the annual operation plan to tracking related forecast processes through effective design and data management, and reconciliation.
- Validate findings and design solutions with stakeholders to improve and achieve our strategic workforce plan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 7 years of relevant Workforce Planning experience
- 9+ years of workforce planning or HR experience a combination preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Research or Data Analytics
- Working knowledge of SAS, Python, R, SQL
- Advanced knowledge of people metrics with ability to explain the data insights
- Demonstrated experience modelling workforce trends and analytics, including the utilization of various forms of data analysis
- Proven experience working with a variety of information systems and large and complex data files, analyzing file structure, using, and creating file layouts
- Demonstrated analytic and data management capabilities and reporting presentation of complex data
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Delaware; Maryland; New York; Pennsylvania; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate Jobs