At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Working as a District Manager (DM), you will lead a cross-functional team and manage multiple campus dining accounts within your territory. You will provide overall planning and direction within your territory to achieve operations and financial goals, comply with all applicable regulations, maintain strong client relationships, and ensure we continuously support our communities in our dynamic environment.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team of Resident District Managers and/or Directors of Dining Services, and their teams, to provide top-notch service
- Drives and develops self and team towards building strong relationships with client(s) and achievement of KPIs (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- May serve on the regional leadership team; participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Manages accounts in territory, ensuring decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications
- Supports senior leadership in setting cultural tone in district and region; meets regularly with team and partners to ensure full transparency, understanding, safety, and accountability
- Serves as representative/brand ambassador of Chartwells team in territory; attends client and community engagement events
- Collaborates with the Sales, Retention, and Finance teams on sales proforma and proposal development; participates in full sales and retention process
- Collaborates with partners to support district needs and solves problems by thinking through all angles and downstream impacts
- Ensures compliance with applicable USDA, regional, state, and local policies governing meal and retail programs, along with safety and QA requirements; conducts audits and offers solutions for improvement
- Champions development, performance evaluations, succession planning, and has focus on building single- and multi-unit management skills; has full understanding of all roles within operation; supports team with tools and systems
- Owns financial results/P&L for districts in territory, and works with leadership to ensure accuracy in reporting, forecasting, and budgeting
- Completes required reports on time as outlined by policy and/or USDA requirements
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or five (5) years progressive experience in multi-unit foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry, or other Support Services areas in lieu of degree
- Strong background in a leadership role with exposure to contract/budget management, customer service, people development, food services, negotiations, etc.
- Has a proven track record and knowledge of growing a business, along with solid business and financial acumen
- Has the ability to think quickly, analytically, strategically, and accurately
- Shows expert client relationship, influencing, presentation, listening, and communications (written and verbal) skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, flexible, and resilient
- Demonstrates initiative, ownership, multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite
Extensive travel required in this position
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 549961