Job Req ID: 796281
Position Number: 00175119
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Administration – CHI
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates the clinical and operational functions of the diagnostic cardiology department to ensure quality, cost-effective healthcare is provided by educated and competent team members. Maintains responsibility for direct management of ECHO, ECG, Tilt, and Nuclear testing at multiple units at all SHVI-managed facilities. Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in achieving outcomes consistent with System mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives. Enhances unit efforts in performance excellence, growth, quality, customer service, team member engagement, and community benefit.
- Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care.
- Ensures unit operations and team members are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, Respiratory Care Practice Act, regulatory agency standards, and policies and procedures as defined by CHS.
- Organizes and coordinates all nursing unit functions to provide a smooth, cost-efficient operation.
- Maintains responsibility for interview, selection, and supervision of cardiology team members in the department. Allocates resources to meet unit needs.
- Conducts team member meetings at regular intervals to exchange information and promote dialogue.
- Promotes team member development through education, performance evaluation, and identification of mutual goals that enhance continued professional growth.
- Functions as a team member to accomplish goals and objectives of the unit and organization.
- Performs patient care, assists with treatments, therapies, procedures, and administers medications as necessary.
- Participates with performance improvement activities to improve quality of patient care, promote patient outcomes and provide a cost-effective environment for patient care.
- Analyzes and utilizes data for improved clinical outcomes.
- Participates in the development of the annual operating budget and is responsible for managing results, making appropriate corrective adjustments in areas under control, explains variances.
Requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Standing and walking while wearing 10 to 20 lbs lead radiation protection aprons. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined work area.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree required. Completion of accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary Technology, Nursing, Respiratory Care or related field preferred. If Nurse, a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. If a Respiratory Therapist, licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board required. 5 years diagnostic cardiology experience preferred. Credentials in related field (RN, RRT, etc.) required. Previous management experience required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. ACLS preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer