Job Title: Manufacturing Technician I – Stick/Pouch
Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group, LLC.
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this job:
The Nutritional Products Plant manufactures products for our Nutrilite Brand, including our top-selling product. As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of your area’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion. In this role, you will work in the canister area of the plant and will be on the night shift, working 3-day, 12.5-hour shifts, from 7:00 pm – 7:30 am, Wednesday – Friday. This position will require employees to be available Monday through Saturday with the department determining which days will comprise the work week based upon production and scheduling demands.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will learn all the entire packaging process – from filling and packaging powder products into canisters to operating filler, capper, labler, case packer, and skid loading robot equipment. You will assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials, and schedules. Since this is a GMP regulated plant, it will be important to complete and maintain all required records and documentation. Over time, as you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures, and will also provide peer reviews and feedback to team members as well.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- High School diploma
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, and develop and enhance processes
- Willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing food products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in cGMP environment is a plus
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- This plant manufactures products containing food allergens including but not limited to milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat/gluten, fish, shellfish, and egg
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.