Job Title: Manufacturing Technician (NSP)
Department / Division: Manufacturing / Access Business Group, LLC
What’s special about this job:
The Nutrilite Spaulding Plant (NSP) manufactures soft gel products and produces powder and supplement pack sachets for Amway’s Nutrilite Brand of products. As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion. The Spaulding plant runs 24 hours a day, six days a week, requiring the Technicians to work three 12.5-hour shifts, and the schedule will rotate every four months. Shift schedules are from 6:30am to 7:00pm or 6:30pm to 7:00am.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this versatile role, you will have the opportunity to learn all functional areas within NSP – from manufacturing soft gels, to operating the highly automated sachet packaging lines, to inline QA testing, and cleaning and sanitizing equipment. You will assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials, and schedules. Since this is a GMP regulated plant, it will be important to complete and maintain all required records and documentation. Over time as you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will also provide peer reviews and feedback to team members as well.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- High School diploma
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues and develop and enhance processes
- Willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing food products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in cGMP environment is a plus
- This plant manufactures products containing food allergens including but not limited to milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat / gluten, fish, shellfish, and egg.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.