At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Met Lab Engineer for its Lynchburg, VA location!
- Provides Engineering support for lab personnel, processes, and inspection equipment.
- Interacts with the customer.
- Supports a project team by communicating status updates of any technical or production issues.
- Develops and implements new or improved inspection techniques.
- Creates and revises procedures, forms, and submittals.
- Creates and submits quotes for future work scopes.
- Maintains and trends on inspection data.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in an assigned area of cognizance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is required. Materials Science Engineering degree preferred.
- Prior experience with NOG-L Quality Systems, EtQ, docQnet, Solumina, and SmartForms is preferred.
- Must have demonstrable skills and knowledge in using and understanding contract technical requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail in order to successfully multi-task.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.