Requisition Number: 45738
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of the Position:
- Act as a single point of contact for MES requirements at the HF plant, the responsibility of a MES analyst is to keep the MES system operating smoothly, efficiently & effectively.
- The Analyst will need to collect and analysis business end user requirements and provide appropriate solutions to users.
- Additionally, provide IT daily service to Bengbu plant users by coordinating with the global and regional IT organization is in the scope of this position.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Single contact point of MES related requirement in Bengbu plant
- Analyze system requirements and business processes of MES system to meet end user requirements
- Prioritize and develop demand requests from end users creating new and modifying existing MES system code/queries
- Coordinate the internal & external resources to provide technical & functional solutions for the MES system
- Engage with business user to provide the professional & efficient responses to requests
- Provide MES data analysis to plant operation and quality
- Provide IT daily service by coordinate with global/Regional IT resource.
- Vendor/resource management
- Support plant activities
- Rotation of emergency call with other team members.
- Bachelor or above in IT relevant area
- Over 5 years of hands-on experience in IT software development and maintenance
- MES system experience will be plus
- Be familiar with Visual Studio programming (MCSD certification will be plus)
- Relational Database System manipulation
- System design and manipulation, SQL statement, stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Solid experiences and knowledge in software development, system analysis, design or programming
- IAP awareness is required
- Workable English both in written and oral is required