We are growing! Carilion Children’s provides expert pediatric care in a family centered environment. We are seeking professionals with a passion for pediatrics to join our primary care team as we transition to our new Tanglewood location. Our comprehensive services offers collaborative care for our pediatric patients, always with a patient first perspective.
Make the most of your clinical skills at an organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical excellence. Based in Roanoke, VA, our community-based health care organization encompasses a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services.
Performs a variety of laboratory procedures in an independent manner with little or no direct supervision. Produces accurate and timely test results appropriate to specific age groups by accepted laboratory standards. Provides quality services in a caring and professional manner and supports hospital and departmental goals.
- Performs laboratory tests on patients of all ages including cell counts, microscopic examinations, and chemical analyses. Performs coagulation evaluations, culture identification and other testing.
- Maintains records on test procedures and instruments in accordance with departmental standards.
- Obtains blood by fingerstick and phlebotomy. Observes safety regulations and universal precautions in collection, processing, and disposal of laboratory specimens. Coordinates phlebotomy and specimen processing as appropriate.
- Performs and documents quality control before reporting patient results, in accordance with the CCL Quality Management Plan.
- Reports abnormal or critical results to the appropriate personnel and notifies department supervisor of issues.
- Participates in training of nurses, x-ray technicians and resident physicians in basic office laboratory procedures.
Play an important role with a regional leader that inspires better health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the advantages of advancing your career with an organization where you can expect supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative learning.
Education: Associate degree or equivalent 4 years of experience required.
Experience: Two years of experience in a physician office lab preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: MLT(ASCP) certification required . AHA BLS-HCP required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Detail-oriented, good interpersonal and communication skills, good organizational skills, and electronic medical record (EMR) experience helpful.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 74406
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Children’s Pediatric Medicine – Jefferson Plaza
Shift Details: Monday – Friday; 8a – 5p; occasional evenings/weekends
Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.