Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 97473
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
Process specimens, perform quality control , quality assurance functions, and inventory control. To perform and report laboratory tests prescribed by physicians.
Shift: 7:30am – 4pm, rotating weekends/holidays
- Processes all specimens delivered to the laboratory. Accurately performs routine to moderately complex test or procedures as assigned and reports results through the appropriate channels. Completes, evaluates and records all appropriate quality control and quality assurance markers. Activates troubleshooting procedures when necessary.
- Performs preventative/safety maintenance on instruments and maintains a safe, clean and efficient work environment. Takes initiative in problem solving equipment failures. Communicates unresolved issues to supervisor or designee. Complies with personal protective equipment (PPE) and other laboratory safety standards 100% of the time.
- Is expected to provide technical assistance to staff as needed, and as directed by supervisor and lead laboratory technologist.
- Provides professional, courteous and calm customer service to both internal and external customers. Identifies appropriate resources and sources for re-directed inquiries.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with co-workers and staff in order to resolve conflicts and meet departmental and institutional goals.
- Regularly reviews operational procedure manuals. Maintains individual annual technical competency assessments. Actively participates in departmental and continuing education meetings.
- Successfully completes 12 units of approved continuing education activities during evaluation cycle.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or other science related field.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Previous clinical laboratory experience
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: MLT (ASCP or NCA) certification, or eligible or related specialty certification
Additional Technical Requirements
- Exhibits the ability to work with computer programs and computer controlled equipment
- Exhibits the ability to handle and interpret data, multitask, and maintains confidential material
- Exhibits good laboratory techniques and safety practices
- Exhibits good communication, technical and organizational skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146