Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Boston Scientific Interventional Oncology is the market leader in therapeutics and tools for interventional radiologists, featuring y90 microspheres, ablation devices, embolic devices and a selection of ancillary products.
Boston Scientific is looking to add a new position in the Interventional Oncology group to assist in the interpretation, analysis and strategy of medical imaging across a wide product therapeutic portfolio including embolics, radioembolics, focal ablation and biopsy tools. The position will interface with medical advisory boards, new product teams and clinical/preclinical activities, and medical safety to improve product services and offerings that expand a role of imaging diagnostics relevant to radiation oncologists and other physician specialties.
Works as a member of New Product Development teams to develop new technologies, products or processes. Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects. Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish technical specifications for designing or modifying products, processes, and materials.
- Consistently generates innovative and unique solutions to market needs and submits idea disclosures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined products, processes or equipment.
- Successfully completes complex technical work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials or products, research investigation (animal and clinical studies), and report preparation.
- Selects techniques to solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Provides input, analysis and integration for regulatory and clinical translation. Participate in FDA discussions to support nuclear medicine knowledge and communication
- Offer detailed strategy of means to evaluate multiple radiation spectrum for clinical trial preparation
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from complex test results.
- Designs and prepares complex reports to communicate results to technical community.
- Designs and coordinates complex engineering tests and experiments.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices. Assist in preclinical interpretation of images for supportive role in regulatory submissions
- Drive understanding of anatomical vascularity that may aid in questions of access for Medical Advisory Board discussions
- Identify challenges of imaging signal resolution and provide requirements for biological absorbed dose calculations
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians and entry-level engineers.
- Demonstrates appropriate quality and technical system knowledge through delivery of high quality and high impact deliverables.
- Offers relevant input into issues/concerns of medical safety
What We're Looking For
- Advanced degree in medical physics / medical imaging, PhD preferred
- Min 3 years or similarly relevant postdoctoral experience in a leading research institution preferred
- Experience in research in medical imaging, ideally with applications in the treatment of cancer preferred
- Proven scientific and theoretical capability through strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific symposia preferred
Skills & Attributes
- Good time management skills, able to work in isolation if field-based, with a positive attitude
- Out-going with excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Credibility with external opinion leaders
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing and triaging vast amounts of complex scientific information, with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Requisition ID: 472538