At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Mechatronics Engineer – 80342
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
As a Mechatronics Engineer for the Product Engineering Center (PEC), located in Waterloo, IA, you will support Electrical Schematic development and integration into tractors., you will….
- Specify and design electric/mechanical components for tractor conventional 12V system hardware
- Analyze DTAC cases, define root cause and propose and implement improvements
- Support Tractor maintenance
- Develop electric schematic and harness topology
- Define power distribution and grounding concept
- Define power cables and connection systems
- Present work results in project reviews
- Collaborate with interfaces in Engineering, Supply Management, Quality, Customer Service, Marketing and Production
Collaborate with global Engineering Centers
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
- Electrical engineering experience performing analysis, testing and/or design work (through internships, education or practical experience)
- Experience with electrical components/systems (through relevant course work, practical work experience)
- Demonstrated effective communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and willingness to attack emerging issues, determine root cause, and drive corrective action
- Demonstrated ability to work in self-directed manner
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)
- Experience with electrical wire harness circuits, routing, and schematics and other electrical/electronic technical drawings
- Experience in roles that required a working knowledge of electrical components such as batteries, starters, alternators, rocker switches, relays, solenoids, sensors, actuators, and connectors
- Experience troubleshooting vehicle electrical systems
- Experience working with suppliers in the application of electrical components
- Experience working in a cross functional team environment
Experience with Mentor Graphics-Capital Harness or similar software
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.