Requisition ID: 240039
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/14/2021
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and reviews detailed engineering work outlined herein according to a set of engineering design criterion utilizing approved engineering procedures and practices. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Leads engineering teams – has engineering direct reports and organizes the team’s work and deliverables to meet project goals, coaches and mentors the direct reports on the team. Conducts performance reviews and holds career development discussions.
- Engineering planning – interprets a supplied project scope and applies applicable industry regulations and codes, standard engineering procedures, and good engineering practices, to develop a schedule, budget, and plan to execute the engineering deliverables and design reviews. Manages engineering schedule and budget to ensure on time deliverables while maintaining schedule and cost performance. Supports the trend program to manage changes.
- Collects data and interprets engineering progress to report current status for project controls purposes.
- Responsible for the activities on extremely large complex projects or multiple smaller projects in an engineering discipline with teams located globally.
- Is responsible to plan and confirm that the engineering team is coordinating the detailed design development of mechanical equipment with other engineering disciplines, client, suppliers, contractors, and other groups.
- Prepares letters to vendors and clients.
- Conducts conceptual studies, designs and prepares reports or proposals.
- Prepares cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
- Reviews significant bid summaries, major drawings and staffing estimates and schedules.
- Recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes.
- Maintain good knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
- Provides technical oversight in leading the development of the following deliverables, design reviews and tasks: Mechanical Equipment Specifications, Mechanical Equipment Datasheets, Material Requisitions for Quote and Purchase, Technical Bid Evaluations, Inspection and Test Plans, Vendor document review, Inspection reports, etc.
- Provide input to scoping documents such as equipment list as well as necessary support to P&ID, HAZOP and Model reviews
- Provide technical support to resolve construction and startup questions and issues
- When necessary, has the technical competence to independently develop deliverables and conduct design reviews.
- Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to senior project engineering management.
- Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Applicant must have BSME or equivalent degree.
- 20 to 25 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry. EPC experience is preferred.
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board preferred.
- Broad knowledge of mechanical equipment, both static and rotating, in terms of, selection criteria, sizing basis, design calculations, materials, development of project deliverables for Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Thorough understanding of the roles played by other engineering disciplines and departments on projects, and their interfaces with the mechanical team, including construction practices and the economics involved.
- Proficient knowledge of the application of Engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of commercial aspects and procurement strategy of mechanical equipment
- Thorough understanding of Engineering planning and control methods.
- Knowledge of industry or regulatory codes and standards such as API, ASME, etc.
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Able to work in project groups with shared-work teams globally, to progress project deliverables.
- Applicant should also be able to identify specific industry and technology experience such as LNG (APCI / Conoco Philips / Chart / Shell), Refining/Coker, Petrochemical (Cracker, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PVC, VCM, PTA, PET), Gas Processing, Renewable energy, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a field or job site setting confidently, and to provide instruction on how to resolve issues identified.
- Able to provide training on for groups within and external to Mechanical Engineering, as required.
- Able to mentor multiple junior mechanical engineers
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.