Requisition Number: 47563
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Purpose of Position:
- Member of multi-functional engineering team, working through all stages from concept generation and development, detail design/build, system integration, and start-up to support Corning’s Manufacturing Support facility.
- Use technical skills in mechanical design, process equipment development, robotics, material handling, and system integration
Role & Responsibility:
- We provide daily manufacturing production support reviewing/modifying/creating blueprints, becoming the specialist executing critical JETCAM nesting software, assisting the process/mechanical engineer and performing quality inspections
- Responsible for acquiring knowledge of assigned areas (tolerance analysis, component specification, process requirements, machine functionality, material selection, error budgets, etc.)
- Work with external vendors, system integrators, and suppliers to successfully deliver assigned areas of responsibility to overall project team on-time, on-budget, and to meet process performance measures
- Support the generation of construction drawings (using 2D/3D software packages), installation drawings, and ensures that final drawing packages reflect as-built conditions and satisfies Corning drawing standards
Education & Experience:
- We require a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- We are seeking 0-3 years of experience
- Skills in 2-D and 3-D CAD, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and knowledge of ANSI Y14.5-1994 drafting standard
- Basic understanding of materials, process, mechanical design, and robotics to enable the development of cost-effective process machine systems
- Use experimentation to develop basic process knowledge, design prototype test systems, and perform proof of principle testing to validate approach
- Familiar with state-of-the-art technologies in the following areas: electro-mechanical drive systems, material handling, fluid power, pneumatics, robotics, alignment, part sensing, and safety standards
- Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills, with ability to handle changing priorities
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrated track record of on time delivery within budget; ability to drive projects to successful conclusion using influencing tools
- Ability to lead international teams across multiple initiatives that span various lines of business, geographic borders, time zones, and cultures
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
- Knowledge of welding and metal fabrication
- Prior knowledge of JETCAM software
- Entrepreneurial, forward-looking, with knowledge of glass and ceramic manufacturing and precision engineering principles
- Experience with use of standard computer modeling and analysis software packages used in design of mechanical systems, including Solidworks and AutoCad design software
- Experience crafting systems for deployment in “clean room” or “contamination sensitive” applications and prior experience moving a new product/process from development into manufacturing
- We anticipate 10% travel for this role depending on specific project assignments. Travel may be required during installation, debug, and start-up and for routine interaction with customers and suppliers, including some international
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.