Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Engineering/Continuous Improvement
Location: Assumption, IL
Reports to: Manager – Manufacturing Engineer / Lean
Develop, implement, and improve manufacturing line equipment to maintain uptime, productivity and cost efficiency. Required to work cohesively with research and development, product design engineers, production leaders and maintenance; and is responsible for the development of systems, processes, and equipment to aid in the all aspects of product manufacture.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, update, and/or design manufacturing equipment.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work and Work Instructions.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Work closely with research and development and quality assurance to prevent and/or solve problems with products, equipment, and tooling.
- Work closely with maintenance and external contractors/suppliers to coordinate design, installation or repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Lead the entire development process of new production equipment and processes starting with concept through design, quoting, procurement, installation, training and support.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Support current and new product introductions.
- Follow required safety and work procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years progressive experience in Manufacturing or Process Equipment Engineering or related field
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in design of manufacturing equipment, tooling, and material handling systems
- Experience with 2D drawing and 3D modeling systems: AutoCAD; Solidworks and/or Creo
- Knowledge of lean terminology and processes
- Hands-on, team oriented, and committed to business improvement processes
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong computer literacy: MS Office Suite; web-based applications
- Experience with controls, automation, PLC/HMI, and electrical schematics desired, but not required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, respirator, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.