Company Name: Mariano’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of all Meat/Seafood products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, slicers, wrappers, scales, processor, fryer, boaster, ovens, compactor, highboy cart, tongs, steamer, food processor, cleaning utensils, shrink wrappers, decorating tube, oven racks and hot cases) according to company guidelines.
- Follow basic product handling procedures.
- Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, rotation and replenishment
- Ensure in-stock position of available product.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Meat/Seafood equipment.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
- Ensure consistent execution of all Meat/Seafood standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of products during sales events.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Create a product sales plan for each scheduled shift and identify department opportunities during scheduled shifts and create plans for improvement.
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, walking on uneven ground, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects 3 to 60 lbs., and pushing/pulling objects 500 to 1,500 lbs.; occasional lifting/carrying objects more than 60 lbs. and exposure to coolers and freezers (0o– 40o).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Mariano’s: At Mariano’s, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Naperville || 1300 S. Naper Blvd. || 60540 || Mariano’s || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None