Job ID: RDT20171001-37868
The Principal Material Program Administrator (Manager): Supports and manages all subcontracted and purchased material for the Armament Systems Division. Coordinate activities of various Supply Chain disciplines by creating and participating in program level Supply Chain strategies and plans. Ensure the placement and receipt of all material requirements to meet those strategies and plans in support of program requirements including complete material management / ownership (schedule, cost and Material EAC). This individual is the liaison between the program office and the Supply Chain organization and is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program specific material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Will represent Supply Chain to the Customer, Program Management and Orbital ATK management. This individual may be responsible for multiple programs, which will have numerous variations in responsibilities from simple to complex. This individual will manage all program proposal Supply Chain activities in support of strategic pursuits to enable success of each program. International experience in desired. Supports and manages all subcontracted and purchased material for the Armament Systems Division. Coordinate activities of various Supply Chain disciplines by creating and participating in program level Supply Chain strategies and plans. Ensure the placement and receipt of all material requirements to meet those strategies and plans in support of program requirements. This individual is the liaison between the program office and the Supply Chain organization and is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program specific material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Will represent Supply Chain to the customer, program management and Orbital ATK management. This individual may be responsible for multiple programs, which will have numerous variations in responsibilities from simple to complex. This individual will manage all program proposal Supply Chain activities in support of strategic pursuits to enable success of each program.
The Principal Material Program Administrator functions include but are not limited to, functioning as the “owner” of the materials i.e deputy Program Manager for all material related items. This includes: developing material strategies on complex programs; facilitate Make/Buy decisions; prepare and execute Material Program Plans (MPPs) which includes both cost and schedule; identifying and mitigating complex program risks as they pertain to material requirements; achieve program material budget objectives by developing a set of strategies that will achieve those directives; gather EAC data and managing er program purchase requirements to meet production build schedules; work closely with Subcontracts and Purchasing with resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and work closely with the program office in resolving program material cost problems. This individual will also be required to contribute to enterprise initiatives, with the program and within Supply Chain. Manage a material cost account under a program with EVMS requirements and cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) for an assigned program. May serve on an approval board such as CCB, MRB, etc.
• Achieve EAC and ETC goals within programs of responsibility.
• Achieve budget price variance (B.P.V.) goals for programs of responsibility Achieve material sales goals (Inventory Receipts).
• Support on-time delivery performance of suppliers within programs of responsibility (Supplier OTD >98%).
• Ensure high quality products from suppliers within programs of responsibility (Supplier Quality >98%).
• Develop and execute strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements to ensure future / long term program success.
• Lead a group of purchasing professionals in the development of sourcing strategies, bid package preparation, supplier evaluation and selection.
• Must have at least 5 years of Subcontract or Purchasing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related fields.
• The ideal candidate brings 10+ years of relevant experience from a large DoD organization coupled with a deep understanding of supply chain management and program management.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of purchasing and planning, material procurement, MRP/ERP planning and transactions, BOM structures, and material estimating and Basis of Estimate creation. Experience with Deltek Costpoint system(s) is a plus.
• Must be able to convert customer terms, conditions and requirements into estimating requirements for suppliers, and be able to review Supplier proposals for completeness and conformance to program requirements.
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal), leadership abilities, negotiation skills and the ability to team in a cross functional environment are required to perform in this position.
• Understanding of FAR/DFAR Regulations
• This individual must have experience providing complex material program strategies for programs with numerous end item and variations.
• Must be a self-starter, capable of achieving organizational and program objectives, and able to interface with all levels of internal management, supplier management and the external customer.
• Since the communication of information is a key component of this position, excellent presentation skills will be required in order to keep internal customers, suppliers and the external customer informed.
• Prefer someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to set the appropriate priorities to the many tasks that they will be required to perform.
• Experience leading teams is desired as this individual may also be required to lead specialized groups for the purpose of achieving specific organization goals.
• Must be a US Citizen
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D